In Turkish slang, it is very common to use body parts as units of measurement.
Some of them are accurate and make sense.
- Finger: Indicates smallness in physical size; used typically to indicate that children deserve compassion because they are powerless. “You can’t do that to a child as small as a finger” means that the child is small in size & age; and should be treated gently.
- Palm: Indicates smallness for intangible things. “Palmful happiness” means that someone experienced a small happiness, but is satisfied with it.
- Eye: Indicates smallness for residences. “An apartment with one eye” means that the apartment has a single small room.
However; some of them don’t make sense at all. For instance; head is used for largeness, while butt is used for smallness.
- Head: Indicates largeness for objects supposedly small in diameter. “An apple like my head” means that the apple is unnaturally large.
- Butt: Indicates smallness for spaces; such as residences and chairs. “A room like a butt” means that the room is tiny.
Another example is; arm is used for largeness, while leg is used for smallness.
- Arm: Indicates largeness for objects supposedly small in length. “A poo like my arm” means that the poo is unnaturally long – and possibly thick too.
- Leg: Indicates smallness in physical length; used typically to overlook children. “You are a child as small as a leg” means that the child is supposed to know his/her place because he/she is still young.
The most difficult term to understand may be “penis”, though. There are different synonyms for penis; some of which indicate smallness while others indicate largeness.
- Fuck: Indicates smallness in general. “The fuck sized town has four theaters” means that the town is very small, but has too many theaters despite.
- Dick: Indicates largeness in general. “The exam was as difficult as a dick” means that the exam questions were very difficult.
Talking about genitalia; female organs are used as well.
- Midwife: Typically used to describe distance. “He resides at the vagina of his midwife” means that the person in question lives in a very remote place.
- Infidel: Typically used to describe heat. “The weather is like an infidels vagina” means that it is a very hot day.
Consult your Turkish instructor for more details.
Leave a Reply