If you signed up for Adsense in country A and moved to country B without getting your account PIN via snail mail; you end up in a deadlock because…
- Google can’t pay you because your address isn’t validated via the PIN
- You can’t get the PIN because you don’t live in country A any more
- You can’t close your Adsense account because you have a pending balance (which can’t be renounced)
- You can’t sign up for a new Adsense account because the old one is still active
Here is your way out.
To cancel your own Adsense account (in country A):
- Convince a friend in country A to receive your Adsense PIN, and get his/her address.
- Update your Adsense account with this address and request a new PIN.
- He/she should get the PIN within a month. If not, request new PIN’s until he/she gets it.
- Enter the PIN, validating the address.
- Delete the Adsense account in country A (don’t delete your Google or YouTube account; delete only the Adsense account).
Any monetization balance you had in your old account would vanish when you delete the account. If you want to be paid and still have a bank account, you could wait until you cross the threshold.
But remember that you might be putting your friend in a tax obligation or something because Google will assume that you are living at his/her address.
To register a new Adsense account (in country B):
- Sign up for a new Adsense account with your current address in country B.
- Link your YouTube account to that new Adsense account for monetization.
- Request a new PIN.
- You should get the PIN within a month. If not, request new PIN’s until you get it.
- Enter the PIN, validating your address.
Leave a Reply